Saturday 12 November 2011

Reading long books


I’ve always avoided reading long books, and by long books I mean anything more than 400/450 pages. The few I had read when I was younger (besides Harry Potter) seemed to drag on, and because I thought it took too long to reach the climax, I’d lose interest half way through.


I admit that most of the books on my TBR shelf are larger books. And I have been trying to get through them lately. And my latest discovery is that larger books don’t necessarily take longer to read nor do they all drag on. 

One Day, Of Marriageable Age, Afterwards, Seven Types of Ambiguity, Shot in the Heart.

These are all long books that I have read and loved. And that's only naming a few.

With longer books, you spend more time with the characters and get to really know them; you get attached to them. You have longer to spend in a world  you're loving. And if you're loving the book, it doesn't really take that much longer to read than a smaller book, because you just can't put it down. 

I vow to read all the long books on my shelf. 

Anyone else a big-book-phobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment